Making the DumTeeDum map.
Some of the best projects come from the most unexpected places and this interactive map with social media integration and a conversational UI is one of our favourites.
I just thought I'd write a little bit about the process and what lessons we learned along the way.
First, I'll let Kristina fill in the backstory on how we came to build a world map of Archers fans...
DumTeeDum is a podcast for fans of The Archers, a few weeks ago an off the cuff remark by another DumTeeDum listener, ignited a conversation about 'where are all the listeners'. This map is the result of those conversations.
What we used:
- Python for automated processes.
- NodeJS for the web services.
- Twitter + Facebook OAUTH2 for authentication + identification.
- ElasticSearch for indexing the world.
- CouchDB for logging and NGINX for load balancing.